Saturday, November 15, 2008

Birthdays

I just concluded probably the best birthday celebration I've ever had. First my amazing wife coordinated a suprise party with my students and their parents on my actual birthday (Nov. 2). This was a very nice party and it was really a lot of fun.

Last night, however, was the piece de resistance. She knows that I like the theater group Stomp. She found out they were going to be in Fort Worth last night at the Bass Performance Hall, so she bought tickets. If you've never seen the Bass Performance Hall, you really should, it's absolutely beautiful! We started the evening off at Ruth's Chris steakhouse. This was probably the best (and most expensive) steak I've ever eaten. It was delicious! Succulent and tender, it melted in my mouth. What a great meal! Then we went to Bass Hall to see Stomp. If you don't know about them, they are a percussion group that makes music out of random things (trashcan lids, pipes, match boxes, paper and plastic bags, sand, and various other things). It was absolutely incredible!! (You can tell I really liked the whole evening because I never use exclamation points so liberally.) Easily one of the top ten nights of my life!

If you haven't met my wife, you really should. She is a wonderful, loving person. And you should see Stomp and go to Ruth's Chris steakhouse.

No comments: