Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Relationship

I've been a Christian for almost 24 years. While that seems like a long time to me, what's more remarkable is that I feel like I'm only beginning to understand the love that God has for me and the freedom that gives me. Up until very recently (meaning the last couple of years) I participated in religious activities because I thought it's what I was supposed to do, what God wanted me to do. I have begun to realize, though, that God is so much more concerned with my relationship with him than any activity in which I could participate. I've realized that the end is not Heaven, the end is God himself. I recently re-read Philippians and was overwhelmed by the passion Paul puts into this letter. It seems that to him, knowing God really is the most important thing. In fact, nothing else matters to him, "to live is Christ and to die is gain."

I realize I may be late to the party, I'm just glad I finally showed up.

No comments: