Wednesday, October 29, 2008

New at this

I'm new at the blogging thing. My friend Rick would be proud of me, though, because he's told me several times in the past that I need to blog. He said it can be cathartic and that it helps to get your thoughts in order. My fear is that I'll simply forget about it or that I won't really have any thoughts that are worth writing down.

I thought I'd start with the title. One of my favorite words from my faith is ransomed. In Hebrew the word is padah (probably transliterating that incorrectly). It means "he ransomed or he redeemed." It means that someone or something has been bought by a person who already had a claim of ownership over that person or thing. It reminds me that I already belonged to God by way of creation. Now I belong to him again by way of his redemption, his ransom of me. It reminds me that I have been bought with a price and my life is not my own.

My desire in life is that God would use me to accomplish his purposes in the world. I know that I am broken. I know that I am flawed. But God ransomed me, he bought me back. That in itself is cause for celebration. That he would also desire to use me for his purposes, that is beyond comprehension. I pray I live a life worthy of my calling.

1 comment:

Rick said...

welcome to the party. you can also use your facebook to blogcast your posts..search simplaris blogcast.